If you are reading this, then there is a good chance you are looking for a front-end web professional to assist you in solving a problem. Below are seven reasons why you want me on your team:
1. Problem Solver – My ability and need to use both the left and right sides of my brain give me a unique desire to come up with rational and “outside the box” solutions, which makes solving problems enjoyable, challenging and intriguing.
2. Communication – Having over five years of experience, I have successfully worked with a variety of professionals, who were either technical or non-technical savvy, in a team environment, individually and/or as a leader.
3. Diverse – Being an independent front-end web professional has provided me with many opportunities to gain experience and knowledge in a variety of different roles throughout the life cycle of a project.
4. Disciplined – It is important in every profession to have a set of principles to obey, but not necessarily be bound to. This ensures consistency, transparency and efficiency. As a front-end web professional, I have three principles I use to guide me:
- A. Separate presentation, content and behavior elements of any given project.
- B. Keep markup well-formed, semantically correct and when possible, valid.
5. Efficient – A minimalist at heart, it is extremely important that my
workflow process and the technology I use is as agile and efficient as I am. I believe any tool I use to assist me in solving a problem should be one, that doesn’t create a problem of it’s own. My typical development stack consists of:
- A. MAMP (Mac, Apache, MySQL, PHP/PHPMyAdmin)
- B. Terminal
- C. Coda & CodeKit
- D. Fireworks, Sketch and/or Illustrator
- E. Git Version Control (Tower & BeanStalk)
- F. HTML5 & CSS3/SCSS (Bourbon & Neat)
6. Modern & Socially Responsible – Being a front-end web professional, I have a responsibility to be the best web citizen I can be. This entails ensuring every project I am apart of has the user’s best interest in mind. Upholding this responsibility requires, that I take advantage of the advancements made with HTML5 and CSS3, using modern and efficient usability methodologies such as a responsive mobile first approach, ensuring every element is optimized and compatible, as well as ensuring the project meets the W3C and WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards.
7. Passionate & Enthusiastic – The passion and enthusiasm I possess, as a front-end web professional is undoubtedly second to none. The web is such an integral part of our society and I have a great deal of pride knowing, that the work I do makes a difference. I am truly grateful and blessed to have the opportunity to live my “American Dream”.
Being a front-end web professional isn’t a job to me, it’s an extension of who I am. I haven’t dedicated over seven years of my life, grinding away at the countless obstacles put in my path towards achieving my career, just for the sake of making money, having nice perks and/or to have a clock determine when I can and can not work. Rather, I did it and I continue to do it because I have found something that gives me a purpose and genuinely makes me feel complete.
In speaking with my professional references, you will commonly hear, that I am a pleasure to work with, a hard worker, both passionate and enthusiastic, and an excellent web professional.
Connect with me on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/ammocan and let’s talk more about working together.
2 Drops | One drop design + One drop code | Baltimore, Maryland